Child Custody Modifications
A child custody modification occurs when two there is a material change in circumstances between parents and it is in the best interest of the child to change child custody.
Common child custody modification scenarios:
Some of the most common scenarios we see which give rise to child custody modification hearings include the follow situations:
- Relocation by one or both parents.
- Remarriage by one or both parents.
- Change in employment or income by one or both parents.
- Changes with the child such as preference or behavioral issues.
- Failure by a parent to follow a divorce decree.
- Abuse or neglect.